Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Surprising from Crimson Lounge

Don't Pass Up: The Hummus
Don't Bother Ordering: N/A
Expect: Arrive early for "A" service, "A" food courtesy of BIN36, $$ prices
Uniqueness: Not the bar food you'd expect by any stretch
Summary: We came, we drank, we ate, we will be back

Crimson Lounge is River North's richly decorated, red-themed lounge. Although it is typical of a downtown lounge: a posh, dark singles spot, I was impressed by the down-to-earth staff.

Rick and I stopped in for drinks just before the premier of the Cubs movie, Believe, at The Chicago Theater. After a few glasses of wine for me and beer for Rick we were both ready for some snacks. I don't expect what is considered "typical" bar food from a place like Crimson. Places like this have redefined "bar food" into something prettier, pricier, but just as mediocre. I ordered the hummus because it is usually the least offensive to my diet. I wasn't prepared for the divine dish of mashed chickpeas that was served to me. It was a perfect blend of cumin, citrus, and spices. I love hummus and tend to get it anywhere I can; restaurants, cafes, grocery stores, etc. This was by far the best I've had to-date, even from the Mediterranean restaurants that I frequent. (FYI: I now know that Crimson is catered by BIN36.) If you find yourself at Crimson for drinks or a night-out definitely do not miss the hummus!

No comments:

Post a Comment